As a small business who is wearing all the hats, you’re most likely wearing the HR hat at times. Sometimes as your company grows from 1 employee to 10 or more you’re most likely finding out that hiring and retaining employees can be hard. Most importantly the training process of a new employee can get to be really expensive. As a result you feel like your employees don’t understand your brand, your sales process, or your company in general. Employees become dissatisfied or indifferent with their job. To better bridge that gap, employer’s/ business owners should invest in better training manual and brand on-boarding.
Benefits / advantages to better training and onboarding material.
• Less Turnover rates – Employees understand their purpose and align their goals/beliefs with your company.
• On brand – Employees know your company, and they start using the same language.
• Engaged Employee lead to higher job satisfaction – This is a given.
• Trained Properly – Manuals that a crystal clear helps the employee understand its role and functions of their job.
• Great ROI on Training – Ineffective training leads to wasted dollars.
Here are some concrete material that can help you achieve better brand onboarding.
• Clean thought-out manuals.
• Great training presentations.
• Branding Awareness – Brand books
• Employee engagement feedback loop.